Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

We're taking a trip this holiday.  Not to visit family, just a vacation for the two of us.  Last year I thought the Christmas cruise would be our last "just the two of us" vacation and this year we would at least be planning our travels to Africa.  Silly me. 

Anyway, hoping our travels are smooth and the weather is fine.  I would hate to end up stranded somewhere like these two.


Anyone remember this classic exchange:


Neal: Del... Why did you kiss my ear?
Del:  Why are you holding my hand?
Neal: Where's your other hand?
Del: Between two pillows...
Neal: Those aren't pillows!

No matter where we celebrate this holiday, we are continually thankful to have each other, our families, our furbabies and friends.  Especially the friends we have met along this journey who just get "it" and understand our pendulum mood swings.

And Anne - He is beautiful and he is home.  No other Thanksgiving will top this one. 

2 comments:

  1. A trip for you two sounds like a great idea, although I am shocked myself that we are not planning our trip, and you are much farther along the wait than us. Argh, argh and argh. I hope you have an awesome trip and lots of time together. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like us two summers ago when we took a trip to Hawaii. We figured it would be our last vacation. So much for that. We ended up doing Puerto Rico this summer! And that BETTER be the last one! :-)
    I hope you guys are having a great trip! You will be getting your Christmas card soon I think!

    ReplyDelete