Thursday, January 20, 2011

Posting

First let me say I really wish I would post more!  But this week I have been working a few extra hours since Marc is having Lasik surgery and I need to take off to drive him home.  So my cushy schedule now has me driving into work at 6 am and driving home well after 5:30.  Between cooking dinner and trying to keep up with my New Year's resolution to stick to a workout routine (running), not much time.  And of course the furry ones are all over me from the moment I walk in the door.  You try to type while a 95 pd mutt is head butting you for attention.
This is the Chief Head Butter.
But just wanted to give an update.  I emailed Kiersten about the FDL letter and our generous parameters of 0-12  years.  She said this could be ok, but since we had time we should try and get USCIS to issue a new letter with the correct information.  She gave us an email and phone number.
So after contacting the agency, they agreed to change it!  We should get a new letter this week.  At first the woman told me "I did your letter and I would not have made that mistake."  I had to bite back a response (but you did).  She then said ok I'll send a new letter, no problem.
So as soon as we get that letter, we will send in our notary sheets and be referral ready. 
Not that it means anything will move quickly.  No referrals in how long?  Weeks.  We've only moved 4 spots on the boys list in 2 months.  I can't imagine how the families that are #1 or 2 or 3 are feeling right now.  Our prayers are with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment