Thursday, August 4, 2011

And the Award Goes To.....

The Coveted Award for Insensitivity, that is.
 
But first the nominees.
 
1) My mother for her comment "What you and Marc need to do is go to _____ Church and pray.  I have heard of people who had trouble having babies go there and pray and they come out pregnant."  (Really, Mom?  They come out pregnant?  If so, there is something more than praying going on there. I'm just saying.)
 
2) My niece for telling my mom "Nana, don't tell Theresa that.  You know she can't have a baby.  She's too old." (I appreciate your zealous defense small fry, if only you had left out that last sentence)
 
3) A "friend" - "Maybe you should just forget about babies and stick to dogs." (Maybe I should slap you silly)
 
And the winner is...........
 
Needless to say I am in a crabby mood this week. 

3 comments:

  1. When, oh *when*, will people get a clue?!?! I cannot believe those things were said to you (well, yes I can...). A total random asked me in a meeting this week if I'm "sad I'll never be a real mommy". Ummm, what??? I'm so sorry--that's enough to send anyone into the crabby-mood range. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! No wonder you are having a crappy week! Oh sure...go to church and pray a baby into you. Whatever. People need to get off the religion kick. And you are right...there is MUCH more going on in that church if people are coming out preggo! Don't worry...I feel your pain! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH. People are so stupid. Even people we love. They will never get it. I'm sorry you're having to deal with such insensitivity.

    ReplyDelete